Some of the more interesting and important items for October 23rd :
- IPOs Produce Smallest Gains Since 1995 in U.S. as New Offerings Increase – This is why Dole is pricing at the bottom of the range
- Swine Flu Vaccine Shortages in U.S. Due to Drugmaker Delays, Official Says – Not funny. I thought that they were all ready… Our govy needs to come clean..
- Microsoft profit beats expectations – WOW. That was a blowout, nice
- Plosser Says He’s Ready to Raise Interest Rates Sooner Than Fed Colleagues – HMMMMM….
- Amazon earnings surge, beating forecasts – This is impressive
- Nucor swings to loss on higher pig iron costs – Interesting that costs are now causing problems. Demand first.