Some of the more interesting and important items for March 17th :
- JMP Analyst Downgrades Apple, Cites Asian Manufacturing Partner – WSJ.com – Apple Inc. (AAPL) got a rare downgrade on Wednesday as a JMP Securities analyst pointed to results from the company's main Asian manufacturing partner that may indicate some relative sales weakness in some of the technology icon's products.
- BBC News – Japan earthquake: US alarm over nuclear crisis – A top US nuclear official said attempts to cool reactors with sea water to prevent a meltdown appeared to be failing and workers could be exposed to "potentially lethal" radiation doses.
- Pause in Japanese Business Causes Uncertainty About Supplies – NYTimes.com – Much of Japan’s industry seemed to remain in a state of suspension Wednesday, as the devastation from an earthquake and tsunami, combined with fear and uncertainty over the nuclear calamity, made it difficult for corporate Japan to think about business as usual.
- BBC News – Bank of Japan injects $63bn into markets as yen rises – The Bank of Japan (BOJ) has pumped 5 trillion yen ($63bn; £39bn) into the country's financial markets in a bid to stabilise them.
- 500 Internal Server Error – 500 Internal Server Error