Some of the more interesting and important items for March 30th :
- Sands China Says Under Investigation by Hong Kong Regulator – Bloomberg – Sands China Ltd. (1928), controlled by Sheldon Adelson’s casino company, said it’s under investigation by Hong Kong’s Securities and Futures Commission for alleged breaches of regulations.
- Hoenig Faults Fed for Higher Commodity Costs, Urges Tightening – Bloomberg – The Federal Reserve’s “highly accommodative” monetary policy is partly to blame for rapidly increasing global commodity prices, said Kansas City Fed President Thomas Hoenig, who called on colleagues to raise the benchmark interest rate toward 1 percent soon.
- 500 Internal Server Error – 500 Internal Server Error
- Microsoft Is Said to Plan Mobile Payments Feature in Next Windows Phone – Bloomberg – Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) plans to include mobile-payment features in the next version of its Windows Phone operating system, part of an effort to narrow Google Inc. (GOOG)’s lead in smartphone software, two people familiar with the plans said.
- Stocks gain as confidence falls less than feared – Yahoo! Finance – The fall comes after five straight months of gains, but some economists had expected the decline to be even worse. Goldman Sachs had forecast a drop to 60, believing that high gas prices would pinch spending. The University of Michigan confidence survey also took a steep fall last week.