The Fed Beige Book was released today, showing the activity in the various districts. What is nice to see is that most districts are seeing continuing growth. Good news.
Still, it begs the question as to why Mr. Bernanke felt it to be necessary to embark on a inflation raising campaign. If the economic numbers that we have been seeing are trending as they appear, the $600 billion was a good amount of unnecessary money spent (or printed).
- Fed Says Expectations For Holiday Shopping `Were Positive’
- Fed Says Hiring `Showed Some Improvement’ In Most Districts
- Fed Says Retail Spending `Showed Improvement’ In Most Districts
- Fed Says New York Only District With Weakened Manufacturing
- Fed Says Manufacturing `Continued To Expand In Most Districts’
- Fed Says `Lending Activity Remained Stable’ In Most Districts
- Federal Reserve Says U.S. `Housing Markets Remain Depressed’
- Fed: Philadelphia, St. Louis Districts See `Mixed’ Conditions
- Fed Says U.S. Economy Gains Strength In 10 Of 12 Regions