Some of the more interesting and important items for February 23rd :
- Lowest Volume on Opt-X in YEARS (The Tiger Effect?) – Tiger has a big effect on markets
- Consumer confidence falls sharply – Yahoo! Finance – A monthly poll showed consumers’ confidence took a surprisingly sharp fall in February amid rising job worries. The decline ends three straight months of improvement and raises concerns about the economic recovery.
- Woman admits selling 2 kids for 1 bird, $175 – A 52-year-old Louisiana woman has pleaded guilty to two counts of sale of a minor for trading two children to a couple in exchange for an exotic pet bird and $175.
- NYT: Banks apply pressure to collect fees – The New York Times- msnbc.com – For many households trying to improve their finances, tossing out pitches from the bank has become almost automatic. But in recent weeks, Chase has been fanning special letters out to consumers with an offer that it urges them not to refuse.
- Greek bonds rally on debt sale hopes – Hopes…
- Obama Health Plan Costs $950 Billion – The White House proposed a nearly $1 trillion, 10-year health-care plan that would allow the U.S. to deny or roll back insurance-premium increases and delay a tax on high-end plans until 2018.
- Hot Coal Companies in A Cold Winter (PCX) (CNX) (BTU) – Coal Companies that may be hot
- Debt Bomb The “Enormous” Exposure to PIGS – Extraordinary