Some of the more interesting and important items for January 9th :
- Chavez Devalues Bolivar 50%, First Time Since 2005 – Venezuela devalued its currency by half yesterday, the first such action since March 2005, as President Hugo Chavez seeks to pull the economy from recession amid falling oil revenue. – Very complex dual currency…
- Geithner Asked to Testify in House on AIG E-Mails Over Payment Disclosures – GOOD! I am sure he will explain truthfully (wink)
- Best Buy Posts Strong Holiday Sales – Buy stock gets slammed
- China hid tainted milk problem for months – Months? Who drank it?
- Stiglitz Says Wall Street ‘Talking Up’ Recovery (Update1) – Bloomberg.com – “Wall Street is talking up the recovery because it would like to sell stocks,” Stiglitz told reporters at a conference in Paris today.