Some of the more interesting and important items for July 23rd :
- China’s Succusseful IPO – China State Construction Engineering Corp. raised $7.3 Billion in it's initial public offering making it the world's biggest in 16 months.
- Existing Home Sales Rise – Sales of previously owned homes in June were reported higher than expectations and 120,000 higher than the month of May.
- Oil Moves Higher on Earnings and Recovery Hopes – Oil futures rallied above $66 intra-day as more signs of stabilization in the economy appeared.
- Obama Proposes Risky-Transaction Fees – Cleaning up the mess at any cost. Charge fees, but give 'em 0% interest
- Hong Kong has plan to pay back Lehman investors (AP) – Where is all of this money coming from?
- Buffett’s Berkshire Cuts Moody’s Stake 17% After Seven Consecutive Losses – Buy and Hold, sell at bottom. Good lesson…?
- Credit Suisse reports 29 percent rise in 2Q profit (AP) – Globally banks are profiting from latest rules and central bank presents