Some of the more interesting and important items for January 19th :
- Poll: Americans skeptical of Obama’s promises – Interesting…
- Google scraps China cell phone launch amid dispute (AP) – OOPS
- More men get economic boost from marriage – "In the past, when relatively few wives worked, marriage enhanced the economic status of women more than that of men. In recent decades, however, the economic gains associated with marriage have been greater for men."
- Citigroup loses $7.8B in 4Q – Yahoo! Finance – Citigroup Inc. became the latest bank to take a cautious view of consumers' credit problems, reporting a $7.77 fourth-quarter loss due to failed loans and the costs of repaying government bailout money.
- Bay State Battle: New Indicators Show Brown Gaining Ground – Washington Wire – WSJ – WOW