Some of the more interesting and important items for July 21st :
- Senate votes to stop production of F-22 jet – We are dismantling the military, driving up the deficit and more people out of work than in long time…. are we there yet?
- Apple smashes profit forecasts, iPhone shines – It is an amazing thing to see such perfection amid such malfunction
- Japan Shipping Stocks Fall as Bulk Rates Drop; Chip Component Shares Gain – Ping pong anyone?
- Yahoo outlook misses, shares slip – So many pages, so little profit
- Woolworths Sales Rise 5.4% as Supermarket Growth Accelerates in Australia – WalMart watch out
- Jefferson County to Put One-Third of Workers on Leave as Money Runs Out – This is getting ridiculous
- Health-Care Plans in Congress Fail to Cut Medical Costs, CBO Director Says – What?
- Harley-Davidson deepens cuts as 2Q profit tumbles (AP) – That was a pig of a quarter…
- JPMorgan Chase Profit Jumps 36%, Beats Analysts’ Estimates on Record Fees – Fantastic… But how?