A few of the more important reading items and links for December 9th :
- Tough times call for tough talk with loved ones about finances – No, tough times call for a talk with your financial advisor who is sitting there hoping things will get better!
- The Trillion-Dollar Rally – Barrons.com – As money gushes from Washington, it's helping to fuel a nice rally — in a bear market.
- Hong Kong on bird flu alert, 80,000 chickens killed – More good news! The Hong Kong government has shut down all poultry farms and markets, killed 80,000 chickens and halted chicken imports from mainland China
- AIG Faces $10 Billion in Losses on Trades – he details of the trades go beyond what AIG has explained to investors about the nature of its risk-taking operations, which led to the firm's near-collapse in September.
- Two of three firms plan 'no changes' in employment: Manpower – he employment outlook for January, February and March is essentially flat, on a seasonally-adjusted basis, according to the latest Manpower Employment Outlook Survey.