A few of the more important reading items and links for November 2nd :
- Dollar's rapid appreciation has dark side as well as benefits – (Horowitz) The one thing we had going for the economy was exports. Now what? At least the cost of holiday gifts will be ridiculously low.
- Analyst presses case for Yahoo, Microsoft deal – (Horowitz) Microsoft will need to move fast as any deal with AOL will once again put a wedge in the middle. Something should be announced within weeks as the timing is perfect for MSFT to get Yahoo! at a fraction of its last offer.
- Tim Sykes Rants on The Street.com – Earnings are in and they are aweful but they nme Cramer Charirman of the Board
- Mutual-Fund Firms Absorb a Profit Hit – Some Money-Management Stocks Down 45% to 70% in Three Months
- Ebb and flow – Fund flows are ugly – Mutual fund investors sold a near-record $46 billion in stock fund shares last month, according to TrimTabs Investment Research
- Stock Indexes: Closing Data Bank – YTD, October and all that jazz