Continuing on with the Turkey stocks for this week, today we are focusing on W&T Offshore (WTI). The company recently had some bad news as the company announced it is facing regulatory hurdles imposed by the Environmental Protection Agency. The Houston-based miner announced last week that it had received suspension notices from government regulators concerning its oil and gas leases in the Gulf of Mexico. The notices pertain to a minor oil leak in 2009 which breached the Clean Water Act.
That hit the stock hard.
From the fundamental perspective, the company has a significant amount of debt (200%) as compared to equity. The EPS growth rate has been negative and the outlook does not look impressive.
Looking out further, the expected revenue growth is in the single digits and that could be lowered due to the recent suspensions.
Technically the stock scores very low. The price is in a downtrend and recently cut below the key support level.
Recent WTI News from Yahoo!
- Exxon Mobil (XOM) Beats on Q1 Earnings, Misses Revenues
- SCANA's (SCG) Q1 Earnings Miss Estimates, Decrease Y/Y
- Valero Energy (VLO) Q1 Earnings Beat Estimates, Increase Y/Y
- Oil and Gas Stock Roundup: Crude Wobbles, Taking Oil Stock Down With It
- W&T Offshore Announces Promotions of Janet Yang and James Hersch to Vice President
- W&T Offshore Announces First Quarter 2017 Financial and Operational Results Release and Conference Call Schedule
- Kinder Morgan (KMI) Misses on Q1 Earnings, Beats Revenues
- Is it Worth Holding ConocoPhillips (COP) in Your Portfolio?
- Houston energy company names new general counsel
- W&T Offshore Announces Retirement of Tom Getten and appointment of Shahid Ghauri as General Counsel