Continuing on with the Turkey stocks for this week, today we are focusing on W&T Offshore (WTI). The company recently had some bad news as the company announced it is facing regulatory hurdles imposed by the Environmental Protection Agency. The Houston-based miner announced last week that it had received suspension notices from government regulators concerning its oil and gas leases in the Gulf of Mexico. The notices pertain to a minor oil leak in 2009 which breached the Clean Water Act.
That hit the stock hard.
From the fundamental perspective, the company has a significant amount of debt (200%) as compared to equity. The EPS growth rate has been negative and the outlook does not look impressive.
Looking out further, the expected revenue growth is in the single digits and that could be lowered due to the recent suspensions.
Technically the stock scores very low. The price is in a downtrend and recently cut below the key support level.
Recent WTI News from Yahoo!
- Why GW Pharmaceuticals, Baidu, and W&T Offshore Jumped Today
- W&T Offshore Presents at Barclays CEO Energy-Power Conference and Updates Investor Presentation
- W&T (WTI) Down 3.1% Since Last Earnings Report: Can It Rebound?
- CRYPTO: Ether futures are in the queue, but the CFTC will be cautious: rpt
- W&T Offshore to Participate in Upcoming Conferences
- CRYPTO: OpenFinance opens Wall Street to regulated crypto trading
- Top E&P Gainers for the Week That Ended on August 24
- CRYPTO: Winklevoss twins step up bitcoin policing
- Eaton Partners Acts as Exclusive Placement Agent for W&T Offshore
- Houston energy companies announce CFO changes