Some of the more interesting and important items for May 15th :
- 500 Internal Server Error – 500 Internal Server Error
- Two Other Nuclear Reactors Suffer Serious Damage – WSJ.com – TOKYO—Substantial damage to the fuel cores at two additional reactors of Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear complex has taken place, operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Sunday, further complicating the already daunting task of bringing them to a safe shutdown while avoiding the release of high levels of radioactivity. The revelation followed an acknowledgment on Thursday that a similar meltdown of the core took place at unit No. 1.
- Japan officials deny asking for Tepco loan waiver | Reuters – Reuters) – Japanese officials denied on Sunday the government will ask banks to forgive loans to Tokyo Electric Power Co (9501.T) to help it cope with massive compensation claims arising from the crisis at a stricken nuclear power plant
- Blackwater Founder Forms Secret Army for Arab State – NYTimes.com – ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates — Late one night last November, a plane carrying dozens of Colombian men touched down in this glittering seaside capital. Whisked through customs by an Emirati intelligence officer, the group boarded an unmarked bus and drove roughly 20 miles to a windswept military complex in the desert sand.
- Huckabee Won’t Seek Republican Nomination – Bloomberg – “My answer is clear and firm: I will not seek the Republican nomination for president,” Huckabee, now a Fox News Channel commentator who ran for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008, said yesterday at the close of his program. He called it a “spiritual” choice that contradicts support he sees in opinion polls.