Some of the more interesting and important items for April 27th :
- YouTube Founders Hurley, Chen Acquire Delicious From Yahoo – Bloomberg – Yahoo! Inc., the largest U.S. Internet portal, sold its Web-bookmarking service Delicious to YouTube founders Chad Hurley and Steve Chen, part of a plan to offload underperforming sites.
- Nasdaq ends at 10-year high in Bernanke-fueled rally | Reuters – (Reuters) – The Nasdaq jumped to a 10-year high as U.S. stocks rallied on Wednesday after Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke's first-ever press conference did nothing to short-circuit investors' optimistic outlook on the economy.
- Sokol Violated Berkshire Ethics on Lubrizol, Board Report Finds – Bloomberg – David Sokol violated Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK/A)’s standards by misleading the company about his personal stake in Lubrizol Corp., which he recommended as a takeover target to Chairman Warren Buffett, the company said.
- Geithner Says U.S. Will Never Weaken Dollar to Gain an Advantage in Trade – Bloomberg – Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner today reaffirmed the U.S. commitment to a “strong dollar” and said the country won’t weaken the currency to gain an advantage over its trading partners.
- Japan Debt Outlook Cut to ‘Negative’ by S&P on Rebuilding Costs – Bloomberg – Japan’s sovereign-rating outlook was cut to “negative” by Standard & Poor’s as the nation’s reconstruction needs following last month’s earthquake will likely add to what’s already the world’s biggest debt load.
- 500 Internal Server Error – 500 Internal Server Error