Some of the more interesting and important items for April 3rd :
- Consumers told to gut Chinese-drywall homes – By Alana Semuels Homeowners who may have hazardous Chinese drywall in their homes should remove it, two government agencies said Friday, in effect advising thousands of people from Florida to California to gut their homes.
- Jobs data has plenty of bad news to mar the good – The US economy saw the biggest job gains in three years in March, the Labor Department reported Friday. Is that cause for celebration?
- US Treasury delays China currency report – By Madeleine Morris The US Treasury is delaying by several months a report on whether China manipulates its currency, the yuan. Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner said he would delay the report, which was due out on 15 April.
- The Associated Press: California rebound boosts 20-city home price index – LOS ANGELES — A surprisingly strong rebound in California's real estate market helped lift a key home price index for the eighth month in a row.
- Are Viewers Getting Tired Of Jim Cramer? (And Of CNBC) – Sick is an understatement