Some of the more interesting and important items for February 15th :
- Dubai Debt Talks Hit Markets – Stocks declined for a second day and the price of insuring against a default in Dubai rose on news that Dubai World may offer creditors just 60% of the money they are owed as part of a deal to reschedule $22 billion in debt.
- Investors Recruit Terminally Ill to Outwit Insurers – It never will end
- Europe’s Response to Greek Debt Woes Questioned as Finance Ministers Meet – Let's see if we can get something before day's end
- Japan to discuss consumption tax in March – This must be a typo. Consumption, that is not going to help economic growth
- Brown Says U.K. Banks Will Repay `Every Last Penny’ of Taxpayer Support – Sounds familiar – exact words – where have we heard this before…
- 9/11 suspect may get military trial – These guys have to get some backbone. Holder and the admin are showing that they are really weak.