Some of the more interesting and important items for December 16th :
- Goldman Sachs Blamed by Teamsters for Driving YRC Toward Ruin – Dec. 16 (Bloomberg) — The International Brotherhood of Teamsters blamed Goldman Sachs Group Inc. for making derivatives trades that would benefit from the bankruptcy of YRC Worldwide Inc., the biggest U.S. trucker by sales.
- Europe Drops Microsoft Antitrust Case – Good news, maybe MSFT can stay over $30 for a while
- Fed Keeps Pledge on `Exceptionally Low’ Rates, Says Economy Strengthening – How low can they go?
- 500 Internal Server Error – 500 Internal Server Error
- Japanese Banks Jump on Nikkei Report on Capital Rules (Update1) – Bloomberg.com – Banking authorities agreed to start introducing new capital adequacy rules from 2012, giving lenders a transition period of 10 to 20 years to implement the regulations, the Nikkei newspaper reported today without saying where it obtained the information.
- Carlyle, Goldman Cut Price for IPO of Cobalt, Oil Explorer With No Revenue – Do they think this is 1999?
- Citigroup Says Abu Dhabi Wants Out of Deal to Buy $7.5 Billion of Stock – WOW. Probably because it will need to back more of Dubai debt