On the next episode of The Disciplined Investor Podcast, we will be talking with trading legend Art Cashin. You know him, he appears as a regular on CNBC.
Listen in this Sunday night to TDI Episode 128. Or, better yet…. subscribe via iTunes…
(Click HERE for a list of recent podcasts)
Some of his quotes are priceless and he may be considered the Yogi Berra of finance…
Art Cashin Quotes:
- “I don’t think (Fed Chairman Alan) Greenspan is ready to let the economy roll off the cliff.”
- “The confidence index was down, but it didn’t plummet.
- “A lot of people think these tulips are coming back. Many are not.”
- “I think it’s (the market) going to keep taking its temperature.”
- “There’s a lot of things that could go flash in the night.”
- “It just means gridlock. Whenever our beloved elected leaders are handcuffed, the markets tend to do all right.”
- “The Compaq deal so far looks like it’s been relegated to the compactor.”
- “The market remains psychotic. It can’t get a trend that lasts more than a day.”
- “I don‘t care if it‘s irrational–just give me some exuberance!”
- “Well Ron, everybody down here is watching as their 401(k)s turn into 201(k)s.”
- “Buy on the cannons…. Sell on the trumpets!!”
- “This market has walking pneumonia and just lying down every fourth day is not going to cure it”
- “While the Fed says the building is not burning down, investors can smell smoke”.