Some of the more interesting and important items for March 8th :
- Mobile phone market share (Horowitz) – Iphone dominates, but others picking up steam
- Microsoft and Google are among Barron’s top picks ( Horowitz) – There is an interesting move toward service related and those companies that can help businesses save money through technology. This puts Apple on the outs.
- Emerging Nations Face $700 Billion Gap for Imports, Debt, World Bank Says – Emerging markets are a key to global economies. Not an encouraging number.
- The February Jobs Report Was Between Awful and Worse – Barrons.com – "The ratio for that unenviable category at the end of last month stood at 14.8%, the highest since the BLS started to keep tabs back in 1994, and encompassed a scarcely inconsequential one in seven workers."
- Wall Street: Ripe for a rally? – It is looking like a real possibility
- Schwab, Pimco could put ETFs into every investor’s portfolio – Sure, they say they don't want to trade, buy and hold… but now there is $$ in it for them. So maybe they will adjust their strategy…..DUH!
- iBanks Grabbed $50 Billion in AIG Bailout Cash – YIKES! It is got to be a bad joke…