A few of the more important reading items and links for September 28th :
- Hedge Funds Are Bracing for Investors to Cash Out – “No one expects a wholesale flight from hedge funds. But even a modest outflow could reverberate through the financial markets”
- Apple departs from strategy, sells unlocked iPhone in Hong Kong – (Horowitz) This is an interesting twist.. must be to combat Android
- TraderFeed: Sector Update for September 27th – Hmmmm…..Worth a look
- Behind Insurer‘s Crisis, Blind Eye to a Web of Risk – “It is hard for us, without being flippant, to even see a scenario within any kind of realm of reason that would see us losing one dollar in any of those transactions.”
- Intraday Futures Prices – Keep an eye……
- FDIC: Account Fully Insured????? – This tool allows failed bank customers the ability to verify whether their account is fully insured or they need to contact FDIC. A link to specific contact information will be provided.
- Where to invest in a post-bailout world – MarketWatch – SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) — Wall Street is bound to get its bailout, in one form or another. The government’s rescue package will be costly to taxpayers, politically controversial — and quite possibly not the last. It will also dramatically change the landscape for U.S. stock investors.